Recipe by Deanna in PA
This recipe has been passed down through my family. It is a requested dish at all family functions and church tureen dinners. It travels well and holds its heat, especially if you use a thermal carrier.
Top Review by AngelaTN
I made this dish for a potluck supper at church and it was a smash hit. So easy to put together, too! I am not giving it 5 stars because it takes sooooooo long to cook, but otherwise very easy and very tasty.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cansregular kernel corn (drained)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 eggs (beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together (I dissolve the cornstarch in the milk first).
- Note: Ingredients can be mixed together ahead of time and kept in the fridge overnight.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes or until golden brown.