Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that allows me to get my chimichanga fix without all the fat of a deep fried restaurant chimichanga. I team it up with a salad and some rice for a delicious, speedy go-to meal that's fit for company.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef till no longer pink.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add the salsa, black beans and cheese to the meat.
- Over low heat, heat meat mixture through till cheese is melted.
- Divide meat mixture evenly between the tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla up, tucking in ends so the meat mixture is completely enclosed.
- Place on baking sheet and lightly spray the top of each chimichanga with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chimichangas are nicely golden and crispy.
- *note: These come out of the oven extremely hot. I let them sit for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Loved these! SO tasty and delicious. Even my overly picky toddler enjoyed them!
I love this recipe! An all around favorite of young boys. I make it all the time when I need something fast, tasty, and that will please everyone. I definitely pair it with a salad.