Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was found in Kraft Food and Family.
Make and share this Easy Baked Cheese & Vegetable Twist recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, Italian three cheese blend
- 3 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed & drained
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F Mix eggs and cheeses in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange on cookie sheet, covered in parchment paper, in an 11" circle with short sides of triangle overlapping in center and points of triangles toward outside.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto dough near center of circle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling, then tuck under dough in center of ring to cover the filling.
- Bake 35 - 40 min, or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.
Yum! it was great and presents beautifully. i've made it twice and it gets rave reviews.
This was great I served it along with some homemade split pea soup and it was a nice change from dinner rolls. Next time I may try herb and garlic cream cheese. I also love the fact I can think of so many variations but the original is fab!!! Thanks to Bergy for the great review and photo it made me want to try. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!:)
I saw this recipe in the Kraft magazine and saved it to make over the holidays - Fabulous - I am not a baker so if it worked for me anyone can make it. - I cut the recipe in half and still it worked. The baking time for half a recipe is apprx 25 min but you will need to cover it loosley for part of the time with foil so it doesn't get too brown. I always have problems getting the crescent rolls out of the tin but it still come together even with a couple of partially separated rolls. I used fresh uncooked broccoli broken into small florets. Great flavor and very attractive - Great for a buffet. A definite do again recipe