Recipe by FloraandMerriwether
These beans are always requested at family get togethers. They are an easy and tasty way to get baked beans without the fuss and time of making "real" ones. The recipe came from my ex-mother-in-law
- 4 slices bacon (I like to use Pepper Bacon for added spice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 TBS grease.
- Crumble bacon.
- Cook onion in reserved grease until tender, but not brown.
- Mix together pork and beans, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, bacon and onion.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 2 hours+-.