- 2 (850.48 g) can pork and beans
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 6 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 2 quart, 3-inch deep casserole dish by rubbing raw bacon around the bottom and sides.
- Slice the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour one can of pork and beans into the dish.
- In small bowl combine sugar and mustard; sprinkle half the mixture over the beans. Top with the remaining beans. Sprinkle the rest of the sugar-mustard mixture over the beans. Top with the chopped bacon and ketchup. Bake uncovered 2 1/2 hours.
- Notes: The recipe may be multipled for more servings. Check on the beans as it nears completion. It should have a bubbling rich brownn look at the end. May add a little water if it seems to thick.