Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Another recipe from the Daily Herald. Quick to put together. I haven't tried, but I would think you could throw this in a crock pot and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- 2 (850.48 g) can pork and beans
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 6 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 2 quart, 3-inch deep casserole dish by rubbing raw bacon around the bottom and sides.
- Slice the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour one can of pork and beans into the dish.
- In small bowl combine sugar and mustard; sprinkle half the mixture over the beans. Top with the remaining beans. Sprinkle the rest of the sugar-mustard mixture over the beans. Top with the chopped bacon and ketchup. Bake uncovered 2 1/2 hours.
- Notes: The recipe may be multipled for more servings. Check on the beans as it nears completion. It should have a bubbling rich brownn look at the end. May add a little water if it seems to thick.
Finally found this recipe and love it. Very easy and tasty.
Made for the Spring PAC Safari 2013, I halved this recipe for 2 of us & expected it to produce 2 meals. But we had an unexpected guest for dinner last nite who declared them the best baked beans he had ever eaten & made sure not a bite was left for today. They are an oh so tasty quick-fix & the crockpot method esp appeals to me for larger amts. Altho made as written, I opted to add approx 1 tbsp of dry minced onion which I rehydrated & recommend as an optional add. The prep ease & taste outcome have made this my go-to recipe for baked beans in the future. Thx for posting this recipe for us.