Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is a great recipe to bring to a potluck. I am always getting requests for it.
Top Review by Danielle C.
Thank you so mUch for sharing! Love this recipe! I dId however make a few changes. I only put half the amount of sugar it calls for and I used Heinz hot and spicy ketchup for a lil kick. Delicious!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Cook onion in drippings until tender; add bacon, beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and prepared mustard; mix well. Turn into a 1-1/2 quart oven proof casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, checking periodically. Add a little water if mixture becomes too dry.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.