Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for something different to make for supper, saw a can of baked beans in my pantry, and inspiration hit! My husband, my 9-yr old son and I all ate it up happily so I thought I'd enter it here for safe keeping. I used all store brand products, no fancy varieties. I cook up huge batches of hamburger, onion and peppers and freeze it in individual meal portions and with pre-cooked hamburger, the prep on this meal only takes about 10 minutes.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 hot dogs, cut in half long ways, then sliced
- 2 1⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 5 -6 tablespoons water
- Brown hamburger, onion and peppers together. Drain.
- Mix in baked beans, diced tomatoes and hot dogs.
- Stir bouillion and biscuit mix together in mixing bowl. Add water in a little at a time, till soft dough forms (not sticky, but not dry).
- Spread dough evenly across sprayed 7"x11" casserole dish. Pour bean/hamburger mix over dough.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.