Ravenmanyfeathers Cook's Note:
An easy alternative to your usual bread. I usually make this with soups and the kids love it.Revised as I made a error on cups of warm water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2mix all dry ingredients in a bowl; make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients.
- 3mix all ingredients together until a soft consistency NOT STICKY *TIP* IF YOU NEED TO ADD MORE WATER OR FLOUR THEN DO SO.
- 4*tip*try not to over work the bannock as it comes out much softer and fluffier with less work.
- 5flatten bannock about 1 inch thick and place on cookie sheet.
- 6prick with fork all over.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes on each side depending on how brown you want it.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes and slice into squares.
- 9Slice each piece in half and add butter, jam or your favourite topping.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Bannock *revised*
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 1314.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g