You can use a whole cut-up chicken or 10 chicken thighs if desired and increase baking time. if you are in a hurry you can omit the browning, but the chicken will not be as good, you can double this recipe but you will need a large baking dish, or just double the sauce amounts. Serve with cooked rice. Do not season the chicken with any salt, the dry soup mix already has enough in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Heat oil with butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Season the chicken with black pepper (do not use any salt).
- 5Brown chicken about 4 minutes on both sides or until lightly browned, then place into prepared baking dish (if using skin on chicken pieces then place skin-side up).
- 6In a bowl mix the preserves with dressing, onion soup and garlic until blended; pour over the chicken in the baking dish then turn the chicken to coat evenly in the sauce.
- 7Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes (if you did not brown the chicken increase baking time slightly).
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Apricot Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 839.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g