Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very good, quick and easy; Perfect.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick canned oil.
- Put fillet in pan, skin side down.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Spread mayonnaise over fillet, salt and pepper.
- Place onion slices on top and squeeze fresh lemon over top.
- Pour wine in the bottom of the pan and cover.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes or until salmon flakes.
People tend to think baking and mayonaise don't go together. Mayo really does help the flavor and moisure of baked food. Really.
Salmon and SHERRY also go exceptionally well together!
I had 3 salmon fillets which had a total weight of 825grams/30 ounces and I placed them next to one another and used 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to spread over all of the fillets and 1/2 of a red onion finely sliced and then drizzled over just under a 1/4 cup of lemon juice and about 1/4 cup (maybe a touch more) of a dry chardonnay and baked for 20 minutes which gave a very tasty and moist salmon but for my taste would bake 3 to 5 minutes less but the DM and the DS thoroughly enjoyed and overall I did too very nice flavours especially witht he onion and the mayo (gave a nice creaminess), thank you Barefoot Beachcomber, made for All You Can Cook Buffet - Special Event.