Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipes for use in the Easy Bake Oven.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tropical punch unsweetened flavored drink mix (Kool-aid)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and drink powder. Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into each of 10 small containers or ziploc bags. Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 10 packages Cake Mix.
- TO USE:.
- 1 pkg. Children's Tropical Punch Cake Mix (above).
- 4 teaspoons water.
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 4 inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes in play oven. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a small plate. Remove pan.
- When cool, frost with Children's White Frosting if desired.
My daughter I made this and it didn't seem to cook very well. It stayed sticky even after almost doubling the cook time. I added a little more flour and tried again and it was a little better but still sticky. The taste is fine, they just don't seem to cook as well as some of the others we've tried. If you have a suggestion to fix I would love to have it. We have cooked several of your recipes and they were great! Thanks!
Very Flavorful!!! Easy to make!! Thank you for posting LOONEYTUNESFAN!!!