Prep 5 mins
Cook 21 mins
Source: Easy Bake instruction book dated 1972
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 dash salt
- 4 teaspoons applesauce or 4 teaspoons marmalade, divided
- Mix shortening, sugar and salt.
- Add flour, baking soda, oats, and milk; mix well.
- Place 1/2 of mixture in a greased pan.
- Press down in pan with fingertips or back of spoon.
- Spread with 2 teaspoons apple sauce or marmalade.
- Bake about 21 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into slices.
- Use other half for second batch of cookies.