Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cookie decorations form the jewels.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon colored sprinkles (multi-colored balls)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and butter with a fork until dough.
- looks like medium-sized crumbs.
- Slowly mix in the milk, stirring til it forms a loose ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls with a spoon.
- Place one or two dough balls on greased sheet or pan.
- Sprinkle with cookie decorations over the top of the dough and push them in with your fingers.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Makes 4 tea cakes.
Loved these little cookies! Thanks for the alternative to buying the mixes - and all of the ingredients were readily available in the pantry. We found that it was a little gooey with 4 tspn of milk - and will try with a little less next time.
These are so amazing!! Can you also make these in an actually oven? I would love to maybe make little cupcakes out of this!!