Recipes for use in the Easy Bake Oven.
Make and share this Easy Bake Oven Chocolate Cake Mix recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 11 small containers with tight fitting lids or ziploc bags. Seal containers. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 11 packages Children's Chocolate Cake Mix
- TO USE:
- 1 Pkg Children's Chocolate Cake Mix (above).
- 4 tsp Water
- Preheat Easy Bake Oven for 15 minutes
- Preheat Easy Bake Oven 15 minutes
- To one container of mix add water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth. Pour mixture into greased and floured 4 inch round miniature baking pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a small plate and remove pan. When cool frost with Children's Chocolate Frosting if desired.
- Serves 2 children.
The batter was bitter and needed more sugar. It says it will make enough for 2 children, when it is just enough for 1. Make 2 batches!
I made this mix for my son with 2 modifications to the ingredients. I used cacao powder instead of cocoa powder and coconut oil (solidified) instead of shortening. Everything came out wonderfully, however I rate this at 4 stars because it requires about 1 full tablespoon less than 1/3 cup and 3 tsp water. Mixing it fully as stated in the recipe was too much for the little pan that it rose too high and didn't fully cook in the center. My second attempt at making it I added a bit less of the mix and water and it came out perfectly and didn't over rise.
Easy and inexpensive to make. Very fun for the kids. I don't store mine in individual containers, my kids have to measure out what they need. LOL I love the convenience of a mix rather than trying to make individual batches.