Recipe by Charlotte J
With 4 low ratings I went on line to see if I could see what is wrong. I found another recipe that makes 11 small bags of mix. So I'll post that and hope it comes out better. Another recipe for Easy Bake Ovens. This is the original recipe I had posted...6 tablespoons flour, 4 teaspoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cocoa, 3/4 teaspoon shortening, 1 pinch salt, 6 teaspoons milk...Mix all ingredients well. Bake in Easy Bake Oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 11 small containers with tight fitting lids or ziplock bags.
- Seal containers.
- Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use within 12 weeks.
- To Use:.
- 1 package cake mix.
- 4 teaspoons water.
- Mix together and stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured 4 inch round miniature baking pan.
- Follow directions for child's oven, or bake in mom's preheated 375* oven for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a small plate and remove pan.
- When cool frost.