Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
With 4 low ratings I went on line to see if I could see what is wrong. I found another recipe that makes 11 small bags of mix. So I'll post that and hope it comes out better. Another recipe for Easy Bake Ovens. This is the original recipe I had posted...6 tablespoons flour, 4 teaspoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cocoa, 3/4 teaspoon shortening, 1 pinch salt, 6 teaspoons milk...Mix all ingredients well. Bake in Easy Bake Oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 teaspoons water
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 11 small containers with tight fitting lids or ziplock bags.
- Seal containers.
- Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use within 12 weeks.
- To Use:.
- 1 package cake mix.
- 4 teaspoons water.
- Mix together and stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured 4 inch round miniature baking pan.
- Follow directions for child's oven, or bake in mom's preheated 375* oven for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a small plate and remove pan.
- When cool frost.
My daughter and I tried this before reading the reviews. Big mistake! This recipe is terrible. I would rate this lower than zero stars if I could.
This recipe was a disaster. We had to add 4 tablespoons of milk to get a cake batter consistency. That made enough batter for 2 cakes (fine, she has 2 pans, now it's a layer cake). Then it didn't look chocolate at all, more of a beige color as batter, so I added an additional 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder. Then when it was all baked and ready to frost, it had not risen one bit. New can of baking powder, purchased & opened today, expiration date 3 years from now. Tough cakes that tasted like flour.
UPDATE: I see the chef added sugar, so we'll try this one again.... I hate to rate this so low, but I think this missing a few things. There's no sugar in it, so it's not sweet like a cake at all, more like a weird chocolate biscuit. We also had to triple the milk to get anything resembling cake batter :( My 3 year old didn't care (she spread jelly on top of it).