Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: More Make-A-Mix Cookery by Eliason, Harward, and Westover
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk powder; stir with a wire whisk to blend.
- With a pastry blender, cut in shortening.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of 8 small containers or ziplock bags and seal tightly. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 8 packages Childrens White Frosting Mix.
- To use: In a small bowl, combine 1 package frosting mix and 3/4 teaspoon water. Stir well with a spoon until smooth and creamy. Makes about 1/4 cup frosting. A drop or two of vanilla may be added if desired.
Made this today with daughter. It was great. Thank you!