Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Makes 10 packages Cake Mix. can change the flavor easily by changing the koolaid mix used
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon kool-aid lemonade mix
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and drink powder.
- Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in
- shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into each of 10 small containers or ziploc bags.
- Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 10 packages Cake Mix.
- To Use:
- 1 pkg. Children's Lemon Cake Mix (above)
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 4 inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes in play oven. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a small plate
- Remove pan.
- When cool, frost with Children's White Frosting if desired.
- Serves 2 children.
- NOTES: Any flavor of Kool-Aid powder can be used for a wide variety of flavors. For a white cake mix, omit the powder. If you like, a drop or two of vanilla may be added at the time the cake is prepared.