Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Makes 10 packages Cake Mix. can change the flavor easily by changing the koolaid mix used
Make and share this Easy Bake Oven Children's Lemon Cake Mix recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and drink powder.
- Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in
- shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into each of 10 small containers or ziploc bags.
- Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 10 packages Cake Mix.
- To Use:
- 1 pkg. Children's Lemon Cake Mix (above)
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 4 inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes in play oven. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a small plate
- Remove pan.
- When cool, frost with Children's White Frosting if desired.
- Serves 2 children.
- NOTES: Any flavor of Kool-Aid powder can be used for a wide variety of flavors. For a white cake mix, omit the powder. If you like, a drop or two of vanilla may be added at the time the cake is prepared.