Source: More Make-A-Mix Cookery by Eliason, Harward, and Westover
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and drink powder; stir with a wire wisk until blended.
- 2With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- 3Spoon about 1/3 cup of mix into each of 10 small containers or Ziploc bags.
- 4Seal containers tightly and label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place.
- 5Use within 12 weeks.
- 6Makes 10 packages Children's Lemon Cake Mix.
- 7To use: If using child's play oven, follow manufacturer's directions for baking cakes or preheat Mom's oven to 375. Grease and flour a 4-inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine 1 package cake mix and 4 teaspoons water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes in Mom's oven or as directed in play oven. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a small plate; remove pan. When cool frost with Children's White Frosting if desired. Serves 2 children.
- 8Note: For a white cake mix, omit the Kool-Aid and add a drop or two of vanilla at the time the cake is prepared.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy-Bake Oven Children's Flavored or White Cake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 242.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix