Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: More Make-A-Mix Cookery by Eliason, Harward, and Westover
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk powder ans cocoa powder
- (sift cocoa if lumpy).
- With a pastry blender, cut in the shortening.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of 9 small containers or Ziploc bags and seal tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 9 packages of Children's Chocolate Frosting.
- To use, combine 1 pkg. Children's Chocolate Frosting Mix with 3/4 teaspoon water. Stir til smooth. Spread on cooled cake.
Made this today with daughter. It was great. Thank you!