Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: More Make-A-Mix Cookery by Eliason, Harward, and Westover
Make and share this Easy-Bake Oven Children's Chocolate Cake Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 11 small containers with tight fitting lids (or small Ziploc bags); seal containers. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool dry place. Use mix within 12 weeks. Makes 11 packages of Children's Chocolate Cake Mix for Easy-Bake style oven.
- To use: If using child's play oven, follow manufacturer's directions for baking cakes or preheat Mom's oven to 375. Combine 1 package cake mix and 4 teaspoons water. Mix together and stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth. Pour mixture into greased and floured 4 inch round miniature baking pan. Bake as directed for play oven or 12 to 13 minutes in Mom's oven. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a small plate and remove pan. When cool, frost with Easy-Bake Oven Children's Chocolate Frosting. Serves 2 children.
Excellent recipe for my little girl (and boys). Taste alot better than the Betty Crocker expensive brand.