I attended a cooking demonstration by Lisa Brink of Hod Hasharon. Lisa has her own cooking blog, www.deliciouskitchen.weebly.com, and has some wonderful ideas about cooking and presentation. This recipe comes from her Take Five class, recipes which contain five main ingredients and take five minutes to prepare. This bread was delicous, soft and yummy and devoured by everyone in the class, even the carbophobes!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, including the parsley.
- Beat the buttermilk together with the egg and the garlic.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix well and then spoon into a large baking tin (no need to grease if lined with parchment paper).
- Smooth out the top of the loaf and sprinkle with the paprika and the cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 50 minutes to one hour.