Prep 30 mins
Cook 33 mins
A very easy and tasty cheesecake for cheesecake making newbies such as myself! I found this in the Company's Coming Rookie Cookbook.
Graham Crumb Crust
- 1⁄3 cup hard margarine (or butter)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Graham Crumb Crust:.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add graham crumbs and sugar.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Press evenly in the bottom of a 9x9 (22x22cm) pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs togetherin a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until set.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir sour cream and sugar together in a small bowl.
- spread evenly of cream cheese mixture and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Spread with pie filling, chill and cut.
A very thin cheeseake with a thicker crust... not great, but it works.