Recipe by Nana Lee
This is a creamy appetizer, easy to make and full of tangy flavor. It is from Kraft Food & Family magazine.
- 1 (4 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Unroll dough on lightly greased baking sheet. Press seams together to form a 12x4 inch rectangle.
- Cut brick of cream cheese in half horizontally.
- Place one half of cheese on top of the dough.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon of the pesto.
- Top this with the other half of cheese and remaining pesto sauce.
- Brush edges of dough with beaten egg and bring the dough over the cream cheese to completely enclose the cheese.
- Press the edges together to seal.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.