Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Food & Family Spring 2007
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz tub)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese.
- Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough.
- Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth.
- Pat out dough into 6 inch square.
- Cut into nine squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread each warm biscuit with 2-1/2 teaspoons of the cream cheese spread.
I found this recipe on the Kraft Foods website. It looks "fancy" because of the cheddar cheese, but it's simple. There was only 1 biscuit left after the meal was served. Very tasty. Thank you for posting this!