Recipe by Julesong
This recipe is a lot easier than other bacon-wrapped prawn recipes I've seen. It's simple and delicious.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I loved these. I used Kraft BBQ sauce (the "original", I believe). I added a tad of cayenne and probably 1 tbs. of horseradish. I'll write in down next time. I wrapped each prawn with 1/2 slice of turkey bacon (don't think my prawns were as large as they could have been), and then poured a little of the sauce over them. This is going to be dinner again tomorrow nite (I have shrimp left over). I won't change a thing.
- 6 large prawns, per person you're serving,shelled and deveined
- 6 pieces of raw bacon, 5-6 inches per slice,one for each shrimp
- 1 -2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- cayenne (optional) or prepared horseradish, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each large prawn.
- Secure bacon by skewering each shrimp and bacon slice through with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish or on baking tray.
- Add cayenne or horseradish (or both) to taste to the BBQ sauce (you can substitute Tabasco, if you like - the point is for the sauce to have a little kick), then brush each shrimp/bacon with BBQ sauce. (Or you can dip each one in the sauce before putting it on the tray.)
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked through - if the bacon isn't crisping as much as you'd like, try broiling it for the last 5 minutes, being careful to check that the sauce isn't burning and so on.