Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a lot easier than other bacon-wrapped prawn recipes I've seen. It's simple and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each large prawn.
- Secure bacon by skewering each shrimp and bacon slice through with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish or on baking tray.
- Add cayenne or horseradish (or both) to taste to the BBQ sauce (you can substitute Tabasco, if you like - the point is for the sauce to have a little kick), then brush each shrimp/bacon with BBQ sauce. (Or you can dip each one in the sauce before putting it on the tray.)
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked through - if the bacon isn't crisping as much as you'd like, try broiling it for the last 5 minutes, being careful to check that the sauce isn't burning and so on.
I loved these. I used Kraft BBQ sauce (the "original", I believe). I added a tad of cayenne and probably 1 tbs. of horseradish. I'll write in down next time. I wrapped each prawn with 1/2 slice of turkey bacon (don't think my prawns were as large as they could have been), and then poured a little of the sauce over them. This is going to be dinner again tomorrow nite (I have shrimp left over). I won't change a thing.
These are really good!!! The flavors of the horseradish sauce, tobasco sauce and BBQ sauce blended together really well. it has great flavor. I do not use any cayenne in it. I don't know if it was the bacon I used, but it did not crisp up like I had hoped it would. I may have also put too much BBQ sauce on it or that I used a regular cake pan instead of a less deeper baking dish. I will be making this again and use a diffferent type of pan and brush less BBQ sauce on the bacon. Thanks for a great recipe Julesong!!
If you wrap a small peice of fresh basil leaf around each prawn before you wrap it in bacon I guarantee you will not be disappointed!!!!