Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) canchunky tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onions, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley and 1/4 cup of the bacon.
- Spread about 1 cup of the beef mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups beef mixture and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese over noodles. Repeat layers once, starting with 4 noodles. Top with remaining noodles, beef mixture, Cheddar cheese and bacon. Spray 15-inch sheet of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake covered 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
This was so good! My husband and kids loved it! Very easy to make, especially the day before and just pop in the oven! I didn't change a thing!