- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) canchunky tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onions, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley and 1/4 cup of the bacon.
- Spread about 1 cup of the beef mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups beef mixture and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese over noodles. Repeat layers once, starting with 4 noodles. Top with remaining noodles, beef mixture, Cheddar cheese and bacon. Spray 15-inch sheet of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake covered 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.