Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Original recipe calls for a 3 oz bottle of bacon bits rather than fresh-cooked bacon. This is what I have been looking for; I love quiche, but most have spinach or asparagus and DH does not like that part... *Note: It may look like the egg mixture will not fit in the crust after the cheese is added; I took out about 1/2 a cup of cheese, poured the egg in and then sprinkled the remaining cheese on top using a fork to mash the cheese down into the egg mixture. Filled the crust perfectly and it did not overflow.*
- 5 -6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, frozen
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the bacon, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust.
- Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.