Original recipe calls for a 3 oz bottle of bacon bits rather than fresh-cooked bacon. This is what I have been looking for; I love quiche, but most have spinach or asparagus and DH does not like that part... *Note: It may look like the egg mixture will not fit in the crust after the cheese is added; I took out about 1/2 a cup of cheese, poured the egg in and then sprinkled the remaining cheese on top using a fork to mash the cheese down into the egg mixture. Filled the crust perfectly and it did not overflow.*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the bacon, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust.
- Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.
A very good, basic quiche. I had never used Parmesan in quiche before and it is a nice addition. Made for ZWT8.