Recipe by Calee
I have this on hand on a busy weekend, fast and easy just a few minutes under the broiler and you have a hot and tasty lunch or snack.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Made this for a lite supper and it was actually more filling than I thought. DH and DS's x2 said they were a bit too rich and cheesy for there taste. I don't eat meat and so didn't indulge, but I felt that maybe the mayo added to the richness and could/should be cut back or omitted altogether. I wonder what just the cheesewhiz and crumbled bacon would taste like? All in all it was an o.k. snack and quite satisfying. Made for Phototag 08.
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup Cheese Whiz
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (more or less)
- 6 -8 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bacon into small pieces. Fry until crisp, drain and place on paper towel. COOL well, break into bite size pieces.
- Mix together mayonnaise and Cheese Whiz, mustard mix until well blended, add cooled bacon.
- Split kaiser buns in half and spread mixture on top, place on baking sheet and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until browned and bubbly.