Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Only three ingredients, this is so easy to make and so delicious!
- Spread the nuts on the bottom of a 8x8-in square pan.
- Heat the sugar and butter.
- Boil on med heat, stirring constantly for 7 minutes (start your timer once you see bubbles).
- Immediately spread mixture evenly over the nuts in the pan.
- Chill until firm.
- While still hot cut into squares.
Great recipe! I love that you don't need a candy thermometer. I added the chocolate chips to frost and they turned out perfect. Thanks!
This is great for how easy it is but not outstanding in taste compared to other toffees. I used blanched slivered almonds...I should have thought of toasting them first. Mine was a little burnt tasting at 7 minutes and when poured in the pan there was a greasy butter layer that settled on top. It was also a little softer than regular toffee. I think I prefer using my candy thermometer instead of guess work. Overall though we ate it all! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Goochie137 gave these to me for our cookie swap, and WOW!!! DH and I each bit into a piece and our eyes got wide!! :) Very rich and scrumptious!! I will be saving this recipe!! LOVED it!!