Recipe by Mommy of Sunny Brook Farm
I love to cook and bake- but when it comes to toffee and hard candy- I always come up short- that is until I perfected this recipe. This recipe makes lovely lollis that make great gifts, stocking stuffers, party favors, halloween goodies- etc. Ready in no time flat- tastes great too!!! I like to make them the size of a pan cake and tie ribbons around the stick, they look very pretty in a candy filled vase for a table scape too. Choose any Jello flavor you like, any color and have fun!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1/3 ounce) boxof flavored gelatin
- lollipop sticks
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place the lolli sticks on sheet with one end sticking off the edge and leaving room to pour the liquid candy onto the other end.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and butter in a suace pan over low heat and cook until the sugar is desolved.
- Slowly bring to a boil stirring frequently. Cook for 7 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 275 degrees.
- Stir in packet of gelatin and continue stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and quickly spoon mixture onto one end of the sticks and cool.
- You can wrap them individually with plastic wrap and ribbons, attatch little notes, etc. The yeaild will vary by how large you make them.