Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recently did a taste test of 12 guacamole recipes from Zaar. This is the result of mixing the top 2 favorites together.
- 4 avocados
- 1 tablespoon medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh chives or green onion, chopped
- Cut avocados in half and take out the seed,scoop out meat with a spoon and place in bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork (make it lumpy or smooth, whichever you like).
- Add the salsa, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Mix together well.
- Add lemon juice (not too much), Mix and serve.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
Super Yum!! I can't claim to have followed the recipe exactly... I just used your ingredients (minus the mayo & onion powder) and it ended up lovely! I mashed 2 avocados, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 c. salsa ("Wonderful Salsa' Recipe #9272), 1/3 c. sour cream, ground black pepper, salt, a squirt of lime juice and 3 large fresh chives. I love that it has chives instead of fresh onions. Thanks looneytunesfan!!
My husband just put this together, and it turned out awswome. It was so easy to put together, and it had so much flavor. We will definitely be putting this recipe away as one of our favorites. Thanks!
This is really good! I usually don't add a lot to my guacamole (lime juice, garlic and onions), but thought I would give this a try and I'm glad I did. Nice creamy texture and wonderful flavor. Thanks for posting.