Recipe by looneytunesfan
I recently did a taste test of 12 guacamole recipes from Zaar. This is the result of mixing the top 2 favorites together.
Top Review by Frau Frau
Super Yum!! I can't claim to have followed the recipe exactly... I just used your ingredients (minus the mayo & onion powder) and it ended up lovely! I mashed 2 avocados, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 c. salsa ("Wonderful Salsa' Recipe #9272), 1/3 c. sour cream, ground black pepper, salt, a squirt of lime juice and 3 large fresh chives. I love that it has chives instead of fresh onions. Thanks looneytunesfan!!
- 4 avocados
- 1 tablespoon medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh chives or green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados in half and take out the seed,scoop out meat with a spoon and place in bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork (make it lumpy or smooth, whichever you like).
- Add the salsa, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Mix together well.
- Add lemon juice (not too much), Mix and serve.
- Garnish with fresh chives.