Recipe by Queen Alexandra
I got this from a friend of mine about 6 years ago and I have made it at least once a week since then. My 3 year old LOVES it and it makes a great afternoon snack. I also serve it at every party and always get rave reviews! Serve with pita chips, or any kind of tortilla chip!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or 1/4 of a fresh lemon squeezed)
- fresh chives or green onion, chopped (I actually use kitchen scissors)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avacados in half and take out the seed,scoop out meat with a spoon and place in bowl.
- Mush the avacado with a fork (you can leave some lumps or mush it smooth,whatever you like).
- Add sourcream, salt, pepper, and chives (chopped very small), mix together well.
- Add lemon juice (not too much), Mix and serve.
- This should be used right away as it will begin to turn very dark green.
- Play with it a bit and make it the way you like, more salt less salt,lots of chives,no lemon juice, whatever!
- It's simple and great!