Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple salad that is the perfect change of pace. It requires fresh ingredients but is filling, tasty and really good for you! You get a wonderful mix of textures and the flavors were meant to be together!
- Dice avocados into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Slice tomatoes and cucumber into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut each slice in half and place into bowl with avocado.
- Dice green onion (green part and base) and cilantro.
- Toss all veggies and herbs with the juice of one lime (about 2-3 T).
- Add salt to taste. Start with about 1/4 teaspoon, mix taste and add more if necessary. Salt makes the flavors pop so don't skimp.
- Add a couple splashes of cayenne sauce if you want a little heat.
- The avocado will break up a little and blend with the lime juice to make a dressing for the veggies.
- Serve as a side or eat as a main dish. I like it with grilled shrimp.
- Avocados can be ripened in a paper bag.
- Tomatoes can be left on the counter to try to get them good and red. NEVER put them in the fridge.