This is a very simple salad that is the perfect change of pace. It requires fresh ingredients but is filling, tasty and really good for you! You get a wonderful mix of textures and the flavors were meant to be together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice avocados into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- 2Slice tomatoes and cucumber into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut each slice in half and place into bowl with avocado.
- 3Dice green onion (green part and base) and cilantro.
- 4Toss all veggies and herbs with the juice of one lime (about 2-3 T).
- 5Add salt to taste. Start with about 1/4 teaspoon, mix taste and add more if necessary. Salt makes the flavors pop so don't skimp.
- 6Add a couple splashes of cayenne sauce if you want a little heat.
- 7The avocado will break up a little and blend with the lime juice to make a dressing for the veggies.
- 8Serve as a side or eat as a main dish. I like it with grilled shrimp.
- 10Avocados can be ripened in a paper bag.
- 11Tomatoes can be left on the counter to try to get them good and red. NEVER put them in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Avocado Salad (Vegan!)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g