1/1 Photo of Easy Avocado Salad
Incredibly basic, yummy avocado-based salad; it's one of my new favorite dishes now that I'm on a restricted diet. Dairy-free, yeast-free, wheat-free, and low carb. I like this recipe because the avocado gives it a creamy texture and the flax seeds add a good dose of fiber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut avocado in half. Scoop out the flesh of one half into a bowl or onto a plate.
- 2Mash the avocado up with a fork until it takes on a creamy, spreadable texture.
- 3Peel cucumber and then chop as finely or coarsely as you wish(the bigger the chunks, the harder it will be to mix).
- 4Dump tuna, cucumber, avocado, flax seeds, and spices into medium-sized mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
- 5Then you can either eat the salad right away, or chill for later! I usually pack it in a lunchbox with a few ice packs and have it for a snack when I'm out running errands.
- 6Feel free to experiment with the types of veggies, spices, or cold meat you use. It's the avocado that makes the dish!
- 7If you are planning on making the dish ahead of time, adding in the optional olive oil and lemon juice will help preserve the avocado and also add some nice flavors.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 226.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 18.2 g