Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Incredibly basic, yummy avocado-based salad; it's one of my new favorite dishes now that I'm on a restricted diet. Dairy-free, yeast-free, wheat-free, and low carb. I like this recipe because the avocado gives it a creamy texture and the flax seeds add a good dose of fiber.
- Cut avocado in half. Scoop out the flesh of one half into a bowl or onto a plate.
- Mash the avocado up with a fork until it takes on a creamy, spreadable texture.
- Peel cucumber and then chop as finely or coarsely as you wish(the bigger the chunks, the harder it will be to mix).
- Dump tuna, cucumber, avocado, flax seeds, and spices into medium-sized mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Then you can either eat the salad right away, or chill for later! I usually pack it in a lunchbox with a few ice packs and have it for a snack when I'm out running errands.
- Feel free to experiment with the types of veggies, spices, or cold meat you use. It's the avocado that makes the dish!
- If you are planning on making the dish ahead of time, adding in the optional olive oil and lemon juice will help preserve the avocado and also add some nice flavors.
Great lunch. I didn't miss the mayo at all and loved the addition of flax seeds. Crunchy, creamy and tangy. I did use pickles instead of cucumbers as I enjoy them with tuna. Yum! Thank you.
so yummy! this is a great spring/summer salad. i'm always looking for alternatives to mayo, and behold the avocado! Thank you