Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple avocado-grapefruit salad. Most avocado-salad recipes include red onion, which I omit, but you can add 1/2 sliced red onion to the salad. I particularly like this on a bed of mixed greens and herbs (especially with a little dill) and use the packaged organic mixed greens. I also prefer the tasty ruby red grapefruit. The pinch of cumin adds a nice touch to the honey-lime dressing.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 grapefruits, sectioned and with pith removed
- 1 avocado, pitted peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- Place 1 cup of greens on each of four salad plates.
- Divide grapefruit and avocado evenly among plates.
- Whisk together honey, lime juice and cumin in a small bowl.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the dressing over each salad.