Recipe by hannahactually
This is my favorite pumpkin cake recipe, courtesy of Kraft.
Top Review by BethanyRenae
I love love love this recipe. I use it all the time and people devour it. Every time I make it have people asking for the recipe. I used this as cupcakes at a wedding I did the cake for and got rave reviews. I use a cream cheese frosting and then add on top, an oatmeal cinnamon pecan butter granola type mixture I saute on the stove (of course let it cool first). It looks super autumny and adds some texture to the extremely moist cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- philadelphia cream cheese frosting (or home-made cream cheese frosting)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted Planters pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, pumpkin, oil, 1/2 cup water, eggs and spice in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread with PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in refrigerator if not serving right away.