Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My stepmom sent me this recipe. I believe it came from Kraft. I made this yesterday and it was a hit with my kids. Dh hates pears so he was no help! It is a nice, different, VERY rich cake. She used pecans on her cake, I used mixed nut sundae topping. Also, I only used about 1/2 the lemon gelatin. I enjoyed a slice with my coffee this morning. Hope ya'll enjoy it too.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the first four ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until cake mix is moistened.
- Blend in 1/4 cup of the butter. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. The batter will be really thick!
- Spread batter into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Arrange pear slices evenly on batter, pressing lightly into batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with dry gelatin mix and cinnamon. Drizzle evenly with remaining 3 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Can be served warm or chilled.
- Wrap up letovers and store in fridge.