Mu husband grew up in Reading, PA and Rochester, NY but now lives in Arizona with me. He is always complaining that nobody knows how to make a real cheese steak. However, I made this and he says "I hit it on the nose."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté green peppers in 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender and slightly browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Sauté onion in remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil until tender and slightly browned.
- 3Add green peppers and roast beef to pan.
- 4Cook until beef is heated thoroughly and no longer "pink" while chopping it into smaller pieces with a firm spatula. Mix well.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Cut one side, lengthwise and both sides widthwise of each bun to make open-face type opening.
- 8Lay two slices of cheese across each bun to cover both sides (so it lays flush with the sides of the bun, top and bottom.).
- 9Stuff each bun with meat mixture in between the cheese slices.
- 10Close rolls shut and wrap in tin foil.
- 11Place in preheated oven on cookie sheet for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- 12Reduce heat to low until ready to eat.
- 13If you like it with marinara sauce or whatever your choice of condiment is, drizzle on before you eat!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Authentic Philly Cheese Steak
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 1522.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g