1/2 Photos of Easy Authentic Mexican Rice
Easy, Authentic, Flavorful.........The spice's are listed as optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes (1 large or 2 small) or 1 pork bouillon cube (1 large or 2 small) or 1 vegetable bouillon cube (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat water and bullion in separate pot or microwave to make broth.
- 2In separate saucepan add oil and brown rice until rice is golden brown color on medium/high heat.
- 3Add seasonings, garlic, and onion. Be sure to keep stirring rice so it does not burn.
- 4Add broth & tomato sauce. Boil for a second, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 minutes.
- 5Fluff and garnish with fresh cilantro if you like.
- 6Also, if you have a small can of corn you can add that at the same time when adding broth and tomato sauce -- .
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Authentic Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 367.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g