Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Fave, Everyday Recipes Made Lighter. Serving size is estimated.
- 1⁄2 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 serrano chilies (stemmed and seeded, finely chopped) or 1 jalapeno (stemmed and seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 3 medium avocados
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 lime, fresh squeezed
- In a medium bowl, mix onions, chilies, tomato, garlic, and cilantro.
- Remove the pit and peel on the avocado and cut into small pieces.
- Lightly mash the avocado with onion mixture.
- Flavor with salt.
- Then add the lime juice.
- Return the avocado pits to the guacamole (keeps it from turning black) and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Make sure to press it directly against the surface all over.
- Set aside or refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- When ready to serve, add whole sprigs of cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or mound over shredded lettuce for a different salad.