Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
GREAT, EASY GOURMET FOR DINNER PARTIES. This dish will impress your friends! My family are all from South Eastern and Western Australia. When I was a young lad I vaguely remember a dish similar to this. With a few modifications, using sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, mushrooms and red pepper; this recipe is phenomenal!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 small brown button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Slice the red pepper very thin sliced about two inches long.
- Slice the mushrooms very thinly.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes very thinly.
- Crush the garlic and put into small bowl.
- Put sun-dried tomatoes into small bowl.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into small bowl Add basil, then mix ingredients together.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, then spread them apart to be stuffed.
- Spread mixture inside of chicken breasts.
- Place prosciutto, red peppers, and mushrooms inside of chicken breasts.
- Close chicken breasts.
- Brush olive oil onto top of breast.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or so at 400°F, then turn oven up to full for 2 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables.
DELICIOUS!!! and easy! I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I might add a little cheese inside. Thanks for posting! I'll make this over and over again.
I served this to my friends for Girl's Night and everyone loved it!
This one is a keeper. Only change is I cut back the sun-dried tomatoes abit. Mine weren't oil-packed so I softened them in hot water & sliced for the stuffing. I had fresh basil so I sub'd & doubled the amount for the dried. Great flavours & fairly easy to put together, thanks for sharing.