Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Rachael Ray demonstrate this amazingly simple appetizer and served them to a crowd who gave only rave reviews. I'm guessing on the amounts...suit your own taste.
- 15 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 lb imported prosciutto, sliced thick enough so it holds together when laid out
- 1⁄2 cup boursin cheese (available in dairy section or see below)
- Snap bottoms off of asparagus, use a vegetable peeler to peel spears and steam them to a point where they are not totally wilted. Refrigerate until needed.
- Lay out pieces of prosciutto and spread about one tablespoon of Boursin cheese onto each slice. Mean Chef has a recipe if you find it hard to locate in your local market -- Boursin Cheese - Make your own Recipe #65204.
- Put chilled asparagus spears on kitchen towels to absorb any moisture. Place one or two asparagus spears in each slice of prosciutto and roll. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
We LOVE this recipe! In our home we use reduced fat cream cheese and fresh chives in place of the boursin. So simple and so yummy!
Pretty appetizer that is easy to make. Instead of boursin cheese, I used Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Light Spreadable Cheese. Thanks!
I made my own boursin cheese following Boursin Cheese - Make Your Own (thanks!) but you didn't say how (if at all) to cook it. I popped mine in the oven at 400F for 10 min and they were gorgeous. Muchas Gracias!