Recipe by DeSouter
I saw Rachael Ray demonstrate this amazingly simple appetizer and served them to a crowd who gave only rave reviews. I'm guessing on the amounts...suit your own taste.
- 15 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 lb imported prosciutto, sliced thick enough so it holds together when laid out
- 1⁄2 cup boursin cheese (available in dairy section or see below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap bottoms off of asparagus, use a vegetable peeler to peel spears and steam them to a point where they are not totally wilted. Refrigerate until needed.
- Lay out pieces of prosciutto and spread about one tablespoon of Boursin cheese onto each slice. Mean Chef has a recipe if you find it hard to locate in your local market -- Boursin Cheese - Make your own Recipe #65204.
- Put chilled asparagus spears on kitchen towels to absorb any moisture. Place one or two asparagus spears in each slice of prosciutto and roll. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.