Recipe by *~*Elizabeth*~*
I absolutely love Asparagus. My father showed me this simple way to prep and cook asparagus. I use my Electric Griddle to make this recipe, but a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan will work as well. You would probably like to use a larger pan for this recipe.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This easy and very enjoyable asparagus was served with your own recipe#375397, it accompanied recipe#457786 and recipe#275461, for a lovely meal, thank you Elizabeth! Made for PAC Fall 2011
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- PREP :
- Cut the ends of the Asparagus off. This part is usually the lighter colored past of the Asparagus opposite of the Spears.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and put the asparagus in the pot of water for 10 seconds and move the asparagus to an ice water bath to shock the asparagus and to stop the cooking process.
- COOKING :
- Add Olive Oil and Butter onto your pan (or griddle).
- Once the butter is melted add your asparagus.
- Add Salt and Pepper onto the asparagus and mix up the asparagus in your pan. Make sure that none of the veggies overlap each other. They will cook more evenly this way.
- You will cook the asparagus for 10 minutes. Turn the Asparagus every 2-3 minutes to ensure proper crispiness.
- Once Asparagus has finished cooking place onto your platter and serve.