I absolutely love Asparagus. My father showed me this simple way to prep and cook asparagus. I use my Electric Griddle to make this recipe, but a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan will work as well. You would probably like to use a larger pan for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREP :
- 2Cut the ends of the Asparagus off. This part is usually the lighter colored past of the Asparagus opposite of the Spears.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to a boil and put the asparagus in the pot of water for 10 seconds and move the asparagus to an ice water bath to shock the asparagus and to stop the cooking process.
- 4COOKING :
- 5Add Olive Oil and Butter onto your pan (or griddle).
- 6Once the butter is melted add your asparagus.
- 7Add Salt and Pepper onto the asparagus and mix up the asparagus in your pan. Make sure that none of the veggies overlap each other. They will cook more evenly this way.
- 8You will cook the asparagus for 10 minutes. Turn the Asparagus every 2-3 minutes to ensure proper crispiness.
- 9Once Asparagus has finished cooking place onto your platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper