Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Easy Asian-inspired side dish or vegetarian main dish.
Make and share this Easy Asian Veggie Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, washed and cut in half, large ones quartered
- 1 small red onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 large head bok choy, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you can take it
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- salt, if needed to taste
- Heat sesame oil over med-high heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, bok choy, water chestnuts, garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger, and pepper. Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- In a small cup whisk together soy sauce and honey; pour into skillet.
- Continue to stir fry for a few more minutes or until they are crisp-tender -- or to your desired tenderness.
Nice blend of flavors for the sauce. It was an easy, fast stir fry with ingredients I always have on hand, thanks. I used the vegetables I had on hand: brocolli, celery, carrots, green onions, snap peas, baby corns and bean sprouts. I also measured 1/2 and 1/2 soy sauce and honey in a 1/3 cup measure since I felt that the amounts as listed would not produce enough sauce. Since it was not reduced sodium soy sauce I didn't want to use too much, so I mixed a bit of chicken stock with corn starch to stretch it out. Served over brown and wild rice blend. thanks!!
Easy AND full of flavor! This stir fry was so awesome that we didn't even feel the need to serve it on anything, although rice would have been a very nice addition. Makes a huge amount, although three of us ate the entire thing!! I loved the simple soy/honey sauce, it complemented everything else very well! I might say, this was my first time ever using bok choy and I've got to admit, I wasn't really sure which part we were supposed to eat... the leaves or the bulb? I used the bulb part and it was yummy, but.... In any event, great stir fry and highly recommended!
Very good! I used baby bok choy. Loved this completely tasty dish. No need for the salt. I went for 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes. Thanks!