Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lime
- 2 cups chicken broth (500 ml)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (light or regular)
- 4 slices ginger (1/4 inch)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese chili sauce
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized thin strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- coriander (optional)
- basil (optional)
- mint (optional)
- Remove peel from lime in wide strips.
- Add peel, plus juice from lime, chicken broth, coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce and chili sauce to a large saucepan.
- Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Strain soup into another pot, discarding any solids.
- Bring soup back to a simmer, then add chicken and green onions.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander, basil or mint leaves if desired.